Our new concession stand vendor, Familia Pizzeria, will now be offering take-out orders from their full restaurant menu delivered to the baseball fields on game days. You can place an order at the concession stand or by calling 845-226-2250.
Due to the fact that the season got off to a later start this year, combined with the number of game nights we have already lost due to weather, the LaGrange Baseball/Softball Board has agreed to extend the season by a week. Championship Day will now be on June 17th instead of June 10th. We hope that the extended season provides the opportunity for all of our players to enjoy a full schedule of baseball and softball.
Dear Parents, Players, Coaches, Official and Spectators,
As the 2017 Spring season has begun, LaGrange Youth Baseball/Softball would like to remind everyone of the code of conduct that was signed during registration. This code of conduct is taken seriously by our league and considers it an essential part of the success of the program and the enjoyment of those involved. All coaches, parents, spectators and players are expected to be aware of and conform to these standards of behavior during all league sponsored activities.
Sports is one way we connect generations and one's childhood experiences often generate memories that last a lifetime. Many adults can recall vividly their experiences playing ball when they were in Little League, including their teams, coaches and teammates. Our goal is to ensure that the experiences of children participating in our programs continues that tradition and that the behavior of those involved in our leagues - at all levels - promotes good sportsmanship, responsibility and the best elements of team competition.
We appreciate your cooperation in this matter and enjoy the season.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Players, coaches, officials, parents and spectators are to conduct themselves in a manner that demonstrates respect to other players, coaches, officials, parents, spectators and fans. In becoming a member of this organization, an individual assumes certain obligations and responsibilities to the organization and its participants. The essential elements in this Code of Conduct are HONESTY and INTEGRITY. Those who conduct themselves in a manner that reflects these elements will bring credit to themselves, their team and their organization. It is only through such conduct that our organization can continue to earn and maintain a positive image and make its full contribution to our sport and community.
The following essential elements of the Code of Conduct must be followed:
1. Sportsmanship and teaching the concepts of fair play are essential to the game and must be taught at all levels and developed both at home and on the field during practices and games.
2. The value of good sportsmanship, the concepts of fair play, and the skills of the game should always be placed above winning.
3. The safety and welfare of the players are of primary importance.
4. Players should always demonstrate positive behavior and respect toward teammates, opponents, coaches, officials, parents and spectators.
5. Coaches, players, parents and spectators are expected to demonstrate the utmost respect for officials and reinforce that respect to players/teammates.
6. Grievances or misunderstandings between coaches, officials or any other parties involved with the organization should be communicated through the proper channels and procedures, never on or about the field of play in view of spectators or participants.
7. Spectators involved with the game must never permit anyone to openly or maliciously criticize, badger, harass or threaten an official, coach, player or opponent.
8. Eligibility requirements, at all levels of the game, must be followed. Rules and requirements such as age, previous level of participation, team transfers, etc, have been established to encourage and maximize participation, fair play and to promote safety.